As part of the recent Waste Management Licensing (Scotland) Regulations 2011, SEPA’s Land Remediation and Waste Management Guidelines (Still awake), an all important criteria for re-use of excavated soils on site without the need for a license exists. Keep your fingers crossed that you can meet all six.
1. The use is a necessary part of the planned works.
2. The material is suitable for that use.
3. The material does not require any processing or treatment before it is reused.
4. No more than the quantity necessary is used.
5. The use of the material is not a mere possibility but a certainty.
6. The use of the soil will not result in pollution of the environment or harm to human health.
Everything you wanted to know about soil remediation but were afraid to ask!
This free eBook will help you understand the whats, the whys and the hows of soil remediation in the simplest terms. Download it now for free!Download!