I’m holding on to the attempted ‘clever’ waste/waist line gags which will arise in the run up to Christmas, for now.
As part of your waste duty of care you will need to know a lot about your waste, the following information is now required on all waste transfer notes (WTNs) and this information will help you understand what your waste is, and how it should be dealt with.
- a description of the waste
- any processes the waste has been through
- how the waste is contained or packaged
- the quantity of the waste
- the place, date and time of transfer
- the name and address of both parties
- details of the permit, licence or exemption of the person receiving the waste
- the appropriate European Waste Catalogue (EWC) code for your waste
If you’re not confident in finding/detailing any of the above then seek advice from those who do, waste brokers are a good place to start and they will offer to help deal with the waste as well.