Us nice folk at Soilutions Ltd, company number SC250338, whose registered office is at the very nice people of John Lynch & Co Chartered Accountants, Torridon House, Torridon Lane, Rosyth, Fife, KY11 2EU, are, for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ”Act”), the data controller, and more importantly are committed to ensuring that we protect your privacy at all times when either we collect, you give us, or we process any of your personal data.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us in your dealings with us. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our websites, blogs or landing pages (site(s)), subscribing to our services, filling out forms, or requesting further services and/or information from us.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and the resources that you access.
Please contact us for a copy of our standard terms and conditions.
Circumstances may arise when we may need to gather information about your computer, including where relevant your IP address, operating system and browser type, to help provide appropriate services or products to you. This data is processed for the purposes of fraud prevention, for various administrative purposes and may also be used by us to promote certain offers and advertisements according to your general location.
No identifying information will be shared about our visitors and how they made use of our site. No personal details will ever be shared.
Cookies are used to collect general online usage by using a cookie file. If used this cookie file is downloaded without prompting. It will be placed on your hard drive with information transferred to the hard drive allowing the cookies to be used for data collection. A cookie is used to improve any services/ products, or overall site characteristics we offer you.
Any computer has the option to decline cookies. Your web browser options include an “enable” button to decline cookies. It is imperative that you understand by declining cookies you may be limiting your access to sections of our website.
Use of Your Information
Information stored and collected about you allows us to improve our services or products for you. Added to this parameter, we may use your information for the following purposes:
- Any commitment we make on a contracted basis.
- If information is requested from our sites concerning services or products offered, we may use your data. Products or services which may be of interest to you can also deem a communication from us, if permission has been granted.
- Notification re- changes or improvements may be sent to you in regards to product or service changes that could affect our service to you.
- Existing customers can be contacted on the topic of goods or services related to a previous sale, if we feel you might be interested in these additional topics.
- Added use of your data may include permission for third parties to use your data. This permission would be granted by you in regards to unrelated products or services that may be in your interests. We or third parties can only contact you in regards to this information if consent has been provided for information collection.
- Third party contact or communications from our website, as a new customer, is only made if you have granted us permission. These communications are only offered for information you consented to and no other unrelated information.
- Data that you do not want us to use or third parties to use can be withheld, once consent has been given regarding our collection of your data. We will always provide you with an opportunity to decline communications and our or third party data usage.
- Identifiable data, which could be used to disclose who you are, is never shared. We only provide statistical related data about our visitors to third parties like advertisers to ensure your privacy.
Storing Your Personal Data
Secured servers are used by our company to ensure proper data storage. Information on transactions is kept encrypted for safety measures.
Transmission of data on the internet can never be ultimately secure. We do not and cannot guarantee security of information collected electronically or transmitted; however, we take all necessary steps to provide the best security available. As a result of our inability to guarantee safety, you are submitting information to us at your own risk. Where needed a password and/or user name may be necessary to access areas of our site. You are responsible for the safety and confidentiality of the password and/or user name that you generate.
Disclosing Your Information
Personal information to third parties may be disclosed:
- This disclosure may occur when we sell all or a section of our business or assets to a third party.
- Personal information can be offered to any member of our company, such as subsidiaries, holding companies and their subsidiaries only if deemed appropriate.
- Legal requirements may mean a sharing of your information.
- Lowering credit risk and fraud protection may result in information disclosure.
You will also have the opportunity to consent to us contacting you by post, e-mail, phone, SMS or MMS from time to time occasionally about products and services which we and carefully selected third parties believe may be of interest to you. If you are an existing customer, we may also contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, please email email@example.com and confirm your full name, email address and mobile phone number or you can phone Soilutions on 0131 538 8456. Alternatively, you can write to us at us c/o the very nice people of John Lynch & Co Chartered Accountants, Torridon House, Torridon Lane, Rosyth, Fife, KY11 2EU. Please note that it may take up to 28 days for such changes to take effect.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 was established to govern online electronic communications. The act gives you access to any data we have about you. To gain access to this information a small fee of £10 is needed. This fee allows us to process your request by covering our costs. Contact information is given below, which should be used to gain details about information we hold on you.