The Network for Industrially Contaminated Land in Europe (NICOLE), Brownfields Working Group has just released a report titled “Environmental Liability Transfer in Europe: Divestment of Contaminated Land for Brownfield Regeneration”.
I’ve just had a read of the downloadable document click here>> and cannot see how it lives up to it’s claims…!
1. To provide a Road Map which illustrates the issues for liability transfer within Europe containing detailed information for 15 different European jurisdictions. Nope…!
2. Definitions of ‘contaminated land’, ‘brownfield’ and related terms, what status they have and how they are used in different European countries. Nope…!
3. Legislative, policy and market drivers for brownfield regeneration in Europe, and how they are used in different European countries/territories. Nope…!
4. Environmental liability transfer mechanisms in Europe, including statutory and contractual provisions, and insurances. Nope…!
5. The Roadmap for environmental liability transfer containing Tools and Checklists for environmental liability transfer applicable across all European jurisdictions. Checklists yes, tools…Nope…!
Me thinks that there’s something missing from the downloadable document…!